Keep grapes fresh longer
How long do grapes last? Grapes will stay fresh for up to three weeks if stored correctly. Here are some simple tips on how to store grapes at home to help them as long as possible.
- Check For Deterioration: Before storing your grapes, check for signs of mold, shriveling, or poor stem attachment. These grapes deteriorate faster and affect surrounding berries.
- Keep Them Cold: Grapes are best kept in the refrigerator at 30–32 degrees Fahrenheit. Place them near the back, as it’s normally cooler. Be sure to store them away from odorous foods, as grapes absorb odors. Finally, store grapes where they won’t be squished by other food.
- Keep the Original Package: Grapes are best kept in the original package because the container has the right amount of covering and ventilation to extend shelf life.
- Store Them Unwashed: Don’t rinse grapes before storing them. Extra moisture speeds up the decay process. Simply remove and rinse when you’re ready to enjoy them. For more information on properly washing grapes, see our guide on how to wash grapes.
- Freeze them: To make grapes last even longer, freeze them to use later in a smoothie, or as a refreshing snack! Learn how to freeze grapes.