Makes 4 servings
Roasted red grapes, walnuts and blue cheese add amazing flavor and texture to this kale salad recipe. Prepare as a light and healthy lunch, or serve as a side dish with chicken or fish.
1 bunch of kale, finely shredded
2 cups red seedless grapes
3 tbsp honey
1/2 cup walnuts
4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 395 degrees.
- Place the grapes on a paper lined baking tray. Drizzle with honey and a sprinkle of sea salt then cook for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly wrinkled and softened.
- Place the walnuts on a second tray and roast in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, dijon mustard and lemon juice until combined.
- Place the shredded kale in a large salad bowl. Add dressing and massage into the leaves until kale is fully coated.
- Add toasted walnuts, grapes and blue cheese and toss well.