Makes 8 Servings
This slightly sweet side dish features a winning combination of sweet potatoes, red seedless grapes and goat cheese.
4 sweet potatoes
2 cups red seedless grapes
1 tsp. high heat oil, such as grapeseed oil (just no olive oil!)
4 oz. goat cheese crumbles
2 Tbsp. honey
¼ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Using a fork, pierce several holes in the sweet potatoes. Place on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and slice in half, letting them sit until cool enough to handle. Increase the oven temperature to 450 ºF.
- Place grapes on a non-stick baking sheet and drizzle with oil – remember any high heat oil will do, except olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast grapes for 20-25 minutes or until skin begins to burst. Remove and let cool.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooled, carefully remove the flesh while keeping the skin intact for presentation.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potato, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pepper and honey. Add the goat cheese, reserving 1 oz. on the side for topping. Mash well.
- Scoop sweet potato mixture back into potato skins and re-heat halves to desired temp.
- Top potato halves with remaining goat cheese crumbles and roasted grapes. Drizzle with honey.
- Serve with your favorite entrée, and enjoy!