Courtesy of California Table Grape Commission
This delicious grape crisp with sweet black grapes and berries can be prepared family-style, or baked in individual ramekins for a more elegant presentation.
Makes 4-6 Servings
1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
1 1/4 Cups Flour
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup White Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
3 Cups Black Grapes, Separated and Rinsed
3 Cups Blackberries, Fresh or Frozen
Whip Cream or Ice Cream if Desired
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F degrees.
- In electric mixer combine first set of ingredients and mix until crumbly about 3-5 minutes. You should see pea-sized pieces. Do not over-mix or mixture will become a solid mass.
- Set aside.
- In small bowl combine sugar and cornstarch until well mixed.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine grapes and blackberries.
- Sprinkle sugar and cornstarch over fruit and toss to coat.
- Place into 8 inch square baking dish.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over fruit, coating evenly.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown and fruit is bubbling around edges.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Cooking Tip: This can also be baked in individual ramekins for a more elegant presentation. Bake time will be shortened to 25-30 minutes.